Monday, March 16, 2009
New Calling
As you all may know, I am now the new Primary President for the Norman 1st Ward. I was just sustained on Sunday, March 15, though I have known about the new calling for almost a month. It has been so hard not telling anyone other than family members. I finally was able to turn in the names for my counselors and now, we are up and running. Fortunately, I have been blessed with some very sweet sisters to be my counselors, ones that I know I will work well with. It is really humbling to think that I have been called to be in charge of so many sweet spirits. As I have had time to think about this, I keep wondering why me. I know in my heart that this is the right calling for me at this time, but I still wonder what it is that I need to learn to be called to this position. I know that Heavenly Father only gives us what we can handle and I sometimes wonder just how much I can handle at one time. It seems that so many things have been thrown at me at once. First off, I'm working part time from home (which may seem easy, but really isn't when you are trying to work and at the same time, keep the kids out of the toilet, keeping a 1-year-old from eating the toothpaste, trying to keep the kids from killing each other, all while trying to hear the doctor give his dictation through a small set of headphones), I'm going to school almost full time (I'm taking 11 hours right now, though it is only 3 classes), I have 5 kids, plus I watch the son of a friend of ours, and I try to keep my house somewhat livible (I definitely would not win the housekeeper of the year award) and now, I am in charge of 50 plus kids at church. I just pray that I will do a good job and that Heavenly Father will guide me in this endeavor. While I am nervous about this, at the same time I am really excited. I can tell that this is going to be a good year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You can handle it because your taking your friends down with you! Did you think that between you and your counselors there are 17 kids 18 1/2 if you count the secretary! We all are overwhelmed!!!
Congrats to all of you! I know that these children will continue to be blessed because of your service (and your family's, too).
Post a Comment