Yesterday was a day of surprises. The surprises began when we get a phone call from a realtor. He said that one of our kids had left him a message saying that they wanted to find out about the property that is for sale that used to be Grandy's restaurant and are interested in getting it. I had no idea what he was talking about. I apologized to him and finally got him to understand that it was a mistake. Afterwards, I talked to Meagan and found out that she had, indeed, called and left a message for him. When I questioned why she did this, she said that she was just trying to help us find a house. How can you be mad at a child when they are so thoughtful and trying to be helpful? I explained to her how it was a business property and not the type of property that we would be looking for.
The second surprise came while I was making dinner for the missionaries. I had the chili powder/garlic powder/salt mixture for the fish all mixed together, sitting on the counter, waiting for me to use it with the fish. I was busy working on the rice and not paying attention to what Nathan was doing. The next thing I know, I hear Jessica yell "No Nathan" and look over as he is drinking the spice mixture. At this point, he started to scream and had a hard time breathing. Mike was finally able to get some water down him and get his mouth rinsed out a bit. The poor thing was so upset! After he was all taken care, he fell asleep until just before dinner was finished. He ate most of his roll, but didn't really eat anything else. I can't really blame him. If I had drank that mixture, I would be crying, too. He is okay and had no problem eating his breakfast this morning. So for the future, keep all spice mixtures up out of kids' reach, which I thought this was. They are very sneaky!!
3 comments:
Hey you! So glad you left a comment so I can read your blog now! Thank you for your kind words. Have a happy day!
Stephanie
So you're going to be living at Grandys? That was so kind of Meagan to be thinking of helping out...just might not be the right place. You know there still plenty of property around the Tulsa area =)
poor Nathan. Hope he learned a lesson that he doesn't need to repeat!
Post a Comment