Well, we finally got in to see the ENT specialist, only to be told that he doesn't know what is causing it. It could be anything, but more than likely just scar tissue from it taking so long to shrink, which he says can sometimes happen. However, as he doesn't know what it is or what is causing it, so we are being sent to a pathologist and have them do a biopsy to have it tested.
I talked to the nurse after we got home. She asked me if he (Nathan) would sit still long enough for them to do the biopsy. Those of you who know Nathan know that it is near impossible to get him to sit still, and they want him to sit still long enough to stick a needle in his neck? I'm not sure what they are going to do. She said she would be calling the pathologist's office in the morning (yes, more waiting just for a doctor's appointment) and see what he wants to do, since Nathan won't sit still for even a small amount of time short of tying him to the table.
So as of right now, we still don't know anything. Once we have more answers, I will post them on here. The doctor said he doesn't think it is anything to worry about, but this mom would like some final answers, just so I know that everything is okay w/my baby.
1 comment:
Ugh. My guess is that they'll need to knock him out. Why have they not done any blood tests at all? I know that wouldn't be fun either, but they could help rule out some things as well. I hope it turns out to be nothing, and that you won't have to wait much longer to figure it out!
Post a Comment