Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm back

Sorry to have been away for so long. We are in the process of buying our first home. I've been hesitant to say anything, as I was too afraid of ruining it. We close on August 28. I will post pics as soon as I get them.

Things have just been crazy for the last month. Here is a picture of Jessica w/her new glasses. (The old ones were broken by Nathan while they were playing).



















Derek does things every once in a while that will remind us of his uncle Brian. Last week, during dinner, he yelled at his siblings to stop looking at his food. This morning, this is what he did:


If any of you know Brian, this is a totally Brian thing to do. He hid his food so that no one could see it.
The kids have had fun this summer, but are excited about school starting. Mainly because they get to start a new school, though it won't be until the second week of school. We are enrolling them at Wilson here in Norman for the first week, as both schools start the same day, the week before we move. So, they will get the chance to say goodbye to all of their friends (they've been at that school since Meagan was in kindergarten). Then, on to the new school. Time is sure going by fast, though at times I don't feel like it is going by fast enough. So much to do, so little time. (I can't wait to be in our new home).

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow, Derek really is like Brian.

la princesa said...

Yes, he is. But then, there are times when he will give you this look and he looks just like my nephew Ezra.