Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Open Freewrite

I love the rain. I'm sitting here writing my journal entries watching the rain. I love the smell of rain. I can usually tell if it is going to rain by the smell outside. Spring is my second favorite season, fall being my first. Every time it rains, our backyard fills up with water. We call it Lake Bastings. There is a robin outside trying to find something to eat. I guess the water really brings out the bugs, which is the part of spring that I don't like. I really hate mosquito's. I seem to be a magnet for them. Anytime I go outside, I tend to get eaten up.
I love the thunderstorms. I love the sound of thunder and the way lightening lights up a room. I love seeing the different cloud formations during a storm. I always sleep better during a storm. I can't use a tape with the sounds of a storm, it's just not the same. I love how green everything seems after the rain. It all feels so clean and new.
I can hear a bird chirping outside. Whenever I hear that, I feel for that one moment that all is right with the world, even if it isn't.
I also like spring because then I know that school is almost done and I will get to see my kids more. I miss them when they are at school. Don't get me wrong, I like the peace and quiet that comes from having them at school. At the same time, I miss their smiles and laughter. I miss the joy that they bring into my home. My oldest son starts school in August. I'm really not ready for that. I can't believe that he is already old enough. That leaves me just two at home. Granted, he is only going to be in Pre-K, but that means that for 2-1/2 hours in the morning, I only have two kids at home. I can go to the store and only have to watch out for two kids instead of three. Which means only two kids to get free cookies for when we go to Wal-Mart. I'm a firm believer in getting free cookies, as I spend so much money there. Aren't free cookies great?!?

No comments: