Ok, so I thought I could sit and write about everything that happened yesterday, today. Well, I can't. For some unknown reason, I can't remember everything that happened. It was just one of those days. There are a couple of things that I do remember, though I'm not sure I could really forget. The biggest thing was what happened during lunch. It was just a normal day (at least, it seemed that way). I made the kids lunch, sat down and ate my lunch while watching American Idol. I finished up and then decided to go back to my room and finish working. I walked into my room and there was no electricity. The lights didn't work, the computers would not turn on and my clock was not even blinking. I checked all of the breakers and they were fine. I finally had to call the landlord and have an electrician sent over. It turns out that there was an outlet in the laundry room, which is just on the other side of our closet, that had broken. It turned out all of the electricity to our room and closet. I had no idea that an outlet can do that or that over time, they just break. Freakiest thing.

The other thing happened yesterday afternoon. The kids were just playing while the electrician was fixing the light in the bathroom (I figured since she was going to be paying for the full hour, I might as well make him work for it. One of the lights in our bathroom had stopped working a while back. Turns out it was the socket, so he replaced that). Anyways, while he was working on that, Nathan had been playing in the living room. As he has only been really walking for about a month, he still tends to fall. Needless to say, he fell in the living room, right onto the brick fireplace. Here is a picture of what he looks like, though he looks worse today, but not as bad as I thought he was going to.
The bruise on his forehead is from a different time. This time it was his lip and cheek.
Of course, when I started to take his picture, he kept trying to grab the camera. I think he was just practicing for when he is a famous baseball pitcher (he has a very good throwing arm) and is trying to keep the paparazzi away from him.
Then, of course, today he was playing with his firetruck (plastic) and somehow hurt himself on that. He hurt his head just between his eyebrows. Fortunately, that one didn't leave a very big mark. You wouldn't even know it was there unless you saw him right after it happened.
Today, I went grocery shopping. I found some really good deals, including a 15 lb. bag of potatoes for less than $4. I was making homemade french fries for dinner. Nathan decided to help with getting the potatoes out. He decided he wanted to taste them first. I think he realized after trying 2 or 3 of them that they don't taste very good uncooked. He pulled out one potato that was bigger than any I have ever seen. 
I think I actually got about 20 fries from that one potato.
After realizing that he couldn't eat them, he decided that they were a toy and proceeded to throw them like they were a ball. He had so much fun with this.
If you look closely, you can see the shadow below the potato. It is actually in mid air at this point.
Not sure if I will be writing any tomorrow. Lots to do, especially spend time with my family. If I'm not on, I will be on Sunday sometime, unless something really funny happens tomorrow. For now, I'm going to enjoy my time with the kids asleep and catch up on some of my shows. Buenas noches!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment