Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Decisions, decisions

This is one of those times that it is really difficult being a parent. We have to decide what to do about Nathan. The doctor doesn't think there is anything to worry about, but says the only way to know for sure is to do the biopsy. The problem with doing the biopsy is that with him being so young, they would have to put him under to do the procedure. Does it really need to be done? I don't know. Can we just wait it out and see what happens? Probably. But would that be the best thing for him? Again, I don't know. I've never struggled with a decision like this before. If he had other symptoms, it would be easy to say, just do it and let's find out what is going on with him. But seeing as he doesn't have any other symptoms and seems to be perfectly healthy, can we justify putting him under and him being left w/a scar for something that probably didn't need to be done? Again, I don't know. I know I need to pray about it and believe me, I have. But I think the only thing now is to make that decision and then pray about it and hope that we made the right one. Once that is done, I will let you know what it is. Until then, please keep Nathan (and us) in your prayers as we try to make this decision.

No comments: