Fortunately, nothing else was broken. Today, I took him to the orthopedist who has referred us to another doctor. Thankfully, he is very resilient and has adjusted very well to only having one hand to use. He is a trooper. After we got home, he went right back to being a little boy. He was walking around kicking his soccer ball and climbing up and down on the couch. He even slept through the night in his new toddler bed. Here he is today with his splint on. (Meagan took this picture, and yes, there is a cut on his upper lip from where he had fallen down outside the day before he broke his arm. What can I say, he's alllll boy!)
Thursday, June 4, 2009
My poor baby!
Just when you think life starts to get under control, something happens to throw a wrench in it. Last night, we spent a few hours in the ER with Nathan. While I was doing dishes, he and Caty decided to play on the chair that they use for their computer. To do this, they spin each other around (no matter how many numerous times we have told them not to because someone was going to get hurt). Well, maybe they will learn their lesson after this. Nathan fell off the chair. He was screaming like I have never heard him scream before. I picked him up, gave him his pacifier and blanket, then snuggled him to try to calm him down. This didn't work like it usually does. I tried to give him a banana, thinking this would help, but it didn't. I noticed that he was holding on to his right arm. When I tried to touch it, he screamed. I realized that there may be something really wrong with it (it only took about 5 mins. to figure out that there was more wrong then just being tired), so I went next door and asked my neighbor to watch the kids (Mike was out working). I took him to the ER, where I was able to meet up with Mike. They did x-rays and found that he had broken his humerus (right upper arm). They said that that is a hard bone to break, so they did x-rays of his whole body to make sure that he didn't break anything else.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I just heard he broke his arm ....poor little guy.
oh man that really stinks!! Poor little guy. Hope he recovers quickly.
So my nephew is getting married on 7/25 so we're probably going to be back down there. I'll keep you posted and maybe we can all get together.
Good luck!!
So sorry for little Nathan! That is so hard to see your little one uncomfortable and hurting. I hope he feels better soon.
Post a Comment