Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Training - Day 2

Well, I did it. I completed another day of training. This was actually (again, surprisingly) easier than the first day. This time, I was to run for 2 mins, walk for 4, do this 5 times. I went 1.917 miles in 30 mins. Still, not very fast, but I feel like I'm improving. It may not seem it, but I am. I can feel that I am doing better, even if my time doesn't show it. This time, I wasn't completely dying by the time I was done, I just felt good. Yes, my legs hurt, but it's the good kind of hurt. The kind that tells me the weight is going to come off and I will make it through this race.

Jessica went with me this time. She walked/ran the first block, then got her scooter out and rode the rest of the way with me. (I was impressed she ran for as long as she did). We started off by going around the block. That was quickly deterred by the fact that at the end of our block, once you go around the corner, there is a house there that has big dogs. Which wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that when they jump, you can see their heads over the top of the 6 foot fence. They probably couldn't make it over, but who wants to take the chance? So after that first time around, we decided to got to the end of our block, turn around and go back the other way, around the corner and to the end of that strip, turn around and go back, so it was in an L shape. I figure, as long as I'm running, it doesn't matter which way I go, or how I go, as long as I run. And there were hills on that second strip, so I got plenty of good exercise. Until Sat...

No comments: