Wow, this is an easy one for me to write about, though I’m not sure I can get half a page in. First off, I use the computer on a daily basis. And I mean, daily. I do medical transcription from home. My first priority on the computer is my work. I work anywhere from 4-6 hours a day on it just doing the transcription. I have to type at least 500 lines a day. While this may not seem like a lot, it really is when you have little kids at home who like to have your attention. My mother-in-law also does this and she types 150 lines per hour, while I do about 100. I use the internet for my work. When I can’t find a medical term in any of my books or the name of a drug, or if I need to know how to spell a doctors name from another hospital, I can use the search engine on Yahoo or Google, although I mostly use Yahoo. Another thing I use the computer for is games. I love to play games. This is where the internet comes in to play the most for me. I love playing Dominoes, Uno or any other game like that. I also play a wide variety of games on MSN. I think I like theirs better than Yahoos, just because the people that play on there seem a lot nicer.
Another thing I use the internet for is family history. One of my favorite sites for this is familysearch.org, which is a site done through my church, but is available to anyone who has access to a computer. I have found through doing genealogy that I have some very famous ancestors.
The next thing I use the internet for is the discussion boards for a cooking club that I belong to. It’s a club that is open to anyone who loves to cook, even if you are a beginner. There are all kinds of discussions that go on there, from cooking to selling a house, to just life. It really is a just one big family. Anyone that goes on there will feel welcome from the moment they say hi. I’ve been a part of that family since 2004. I love it on there.
I also use the internet for news. I visit Yahoo and MSN on a daily basis, several times a day. I like Yahoo because it also gives you the option to view local news, as well as national news, which I also get from our local news stations/websites. I use the internet for my e-mail to keep in touch with friends. My closest friend growing up lives in Iowa. Since it would cost a lot to call each other so much, we talk online quite a bit. I also like to “surf” the internet as well, though I usually run out of ideas of what to look for.
Of course, I also use my internet/computer for school. If it wasn’t for the internet and computers, I wouldn’t be able to go to school right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment