Wow, ten years from today. Right now, I am almost 35 years old. In ten years, I will be almost 45. That’s hard to believe. It seems like just yesterday I was still in high school and now, I have been out of school for 17 years. It’s hard for me to picture my life in 10 years. I see my husband and I preparing to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. This year, we will celebrate 10 years, so in another 10 years, it will be our silver anniversary. My oldest daughter will be 18 and about to graduate from high school. Our youngest will be 10 and about to move out of elementary school, my little baby will be finishing his first five years of schooling. In 10 years, my oldest, Meagan, will be preparing to go to college, while the others will be concentrating on doing well in school so as the earn scholarships to college (we’ve promised them a car if they do well enough to get scholarships). We’ve stressed the importance of school to them and hopefully, in 10 years we will be buying Meagan her first car (unless she has saved up and bought her own car.)
In 10 years, I am hoping to be done with school. I know I got started late and while it may only take most people a few years to finish school, right now, I am only able to take a couple classes at a time. So in 10 years, we could be preparing to go to my college graduation as well as Meagan’s high school graduation. If I am finished with school, I hope that in 10 years I will have landed my dream job of being a middle school American History teacher. I do not plan on being a grandmother in 10 years, since my oldest will only be 18 and we have been teaching them since they were very little to practice abstinence. While I may not be able to control everything they do, I can only pray that they will follow my guidance and counsel and wait until they get married. I really don’t want to be a grandmother so early. I don’t think my mom will be around in 10 years. Her health has been failing her lately, so in 10 years, I see myself as an orphan, even though I really don’t want to.
All in all, I think in 10 years I will be an orphaned teacher with a daughter about to graduate from high school, preparing to go to college. I will be about to celebrate my 20th wedding anniversary and looking forward to the next 40 years with my husband. (I say 40 as that will put us at our 60th anniversary and we will both be in our 90s.)
No comments:
Post a Comment