I’m not sure if this is what you want me to write about. I thought about all of the things that are out there right now that are “hot-button” issues. I try not to think about them too much as I get too heated when talking about them. But since I have to write about one, I chose this: abortion. The only problem is that when I am talking to someone about this, I get really heated. I know it is not my place to judge and I don’t know the reasons behind women getting abortions. What I do know is this: those are babies they are killing and I just don’t understand how they can do that. I had a miscarriage the first time I got pregnant. My husband and I had just found out that we were expecting and then the next day, I lost the baby. It just broke my heart. I was devastated when I lost that baby. I don’t understand how women can purposely get rid of a baby. If you don’t want it, give it up for adoption. There are so many women out there that can’t have babies that would love to adopt. I can understand when it comes to incest. But to me, any other reason for abortion is just murder. Even if a woman is raped, she can still give that baby up. There is no reason for killing a baby when something horrible like that was done to you. The baby didn’t ask for it. I knew a woman who had been raped. She chose to keep the baby and she and her daughter were best friends until her daughter was killed in a car accident at the age of 17.
Shouldn’t parents be teaching their children abstinence and waiting until marriage to have sex instead of teaching them to have “protected” sex? There is no guarantee against getting pregnant except abstinence. My sister got pregnant on birth control. Women get pregnant using condoms. Other women have gotten pregnant after having their tubes tied. To me, there is no good reason for abortion.
I have had five kids. My favorite part of being pregnant is when I feel the baby moving around. How can people, even the government, say that what they abort is not a living thing? I feel the evidence of life in me at the very beginning. Granted, the baby may not have developed arms and legs yet, but I know that there is life there.
I feel that if you don’t want to get pregnant, don’t mess around. There is nothing wrong with abstinence or waiting until you get married. I had a friend whose wife got an abortion. It just about killed him. And her reason for doing so was so that she could wear a bathing suit in the summer. How could she do such a thing? How can people be so selfish as to think that that baby’s life doesn’t matter? Children are a gift from God. They are so precious and deserve to be given a chance in this world. It’s not our place to decide who lives and who doesn’t. How is abortion any different from just going out and killing someone?
No comments:
Post a Comment