Well, here is the last journal entry for this class. I thought that I would like to do my entries in more of the word document format, but as I started the blog, I’ve found that I really enjoy doing it that way. Of course, after this class is over, I may go in and delete the entries, but I’m not sure yet. I may go ahead and leave them. They are a part of me now.
I think one of my favorite ones is the entry “Invent anything, what and why”. I really enjoyed writing that one and coming up with the idea of what to invent. There were other entries that were more difficult for me to write. Well, more emotional I should say. Any of the entries about my mom were hard and the one entry titled “Go back and change anything” because that was about my dad. Anytime I write or talk or even think about my dad I get emotional.
I have found that the more I do this, the easier it gets. I’m able to express myself better than I thought I would. I have always tried to keep a journal, but I haven’t been very good at it. I get started, do really well for a few days, then it stops. I think part of the reason is that I have to write it when writing in a journal and I can’t write fast enough to keep up with my thoughts. And in trying to keep up with my thoughts, I tend to lose them and then whatever it was that I was trying to say doesn’t make sense. However, with typing, I can type fast enough to express myself the way that I want to. I would like to keep an electronic journal, it’s just that to me, a journal is more personal than words typed out on a computer. It’s like the written word, like writing a handwritten letter to someone. Typing out an e-mail is not the same as handwriting a letter.
Overall, I think I will try again to keep up with my journal keeping. I think my descendents (at least I hope they will) will enjoy reading about my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment