Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Open Freewrite

Wow, another open freewrite. What’s for dinner? This is a question that is asked often in my home. In fact, my daughter just asked me as I was preparing to type up this entry. I don’t know what’s for dinner tonight. I haven’t thought about that yet. I’ve been so busy trying to get my homework done that I haven’t had a chance to think about it. And now it’s getting late. It is now 7:00 and I don’t know what to make. I wish life were like the Jetsons, where all I had to do was push a few buttons and everything would be ready for us. That sure would make life a lot easier. Don’t get me wrong, I love cooking. It’s just that some days are just so hectic that it is easier to just get fast food than to make something healthy. It seems that anything good for you takes too long to make, at least when it’s 7:00 and the kids’ bedtime is 8:00. It’s days like today when I should have started the crockpot and had dinner already cooking so that I could just go in and feed my family. Now, I have to stop typing, make them dinner and then come back to typing. I wanted to finish this one so that all I have left is one entry. I knew I should have bought something last night when I was at the store. I had planned on going to the store today, but never got around to it. Now, I have to figure out if my kids are going to eat sandwiches for dinner, or if I can pull something together quickly that is healthy. And, of course, the baby just started to cry, so I definitely have to come back to this.
Okay, I’m back. I think I know what I’m going to make. It may be waffles and eggs, or I may have my husband go and get one of those skillet meals that are quick and semi-healthy.
My 2-year-old, Caty, just took a broom and started singing into it like a microphone. She loves music and loves to sing and dance. She is so cute. She has beautiful big, blue eyes. That is the thing that people comment on the most when they see her. Which is funny because I have brown eyes. Yet I ended up with two children having blue eyes.
Okay, have to go make dinner. So my freewriting is done.

No comments: