This is something that I actually thought about before I ever took this class. This was a topic on the radio a few months ago. Here is what I would invent and why: I would invent asphalt that doesn’t freeze. When we had the ice storm, it would have been nice if we could have been able to drive on the roads. The kids were out of school for a week because of it and because of having to be out of school for so long, they had to give up some of their vacation days. I mean, yes, they were out of school for a week, which to some sounds like a vacation. Let’s not forget that while they were out of school for so long, they weren’t able to play outside because of the ice. It was way too cold to let a child be outside for too long. Along with them not being able to play outside and being out of school for so long, look at all of the accidents that happened due to this storm. Too many people were hurt or killed because of the ice. If there was an asphalt that would melt the snow or ice no matter how cold it was, so many accidents could be prevented, as not all were due to careless driving.
Even if I couldn’t make the asphalt freeze-proof, maybe I could invent a heater system that goes under the asphalt that would detect when the road is getting too cold. This system would automatically turn on when the road gets below 40 degrees. I know that freezing is not until 32 degrees, but why take a chance? I think 40 is sufficient. Along with this, the system would also have a cooling system with it to turn on when the road gets above 75 degrees. It would keep the road between 75 degrees in the summer and 40 degrees in the winter. That way it helps keep the air a little cooler and you could still walk outside during the summer without burning your feet, especially since lots of people like to walk barefoot outside like I do. This system would only be available on roads and sidewalks, not under the grass. There would be less shoveling of snow if this were available, yet we would still be able to have the beauty of a new fallen snow on the grass, but less and less car accidents and people getting hurt. Kids would still be able to play in the snow, since the only place it would melt would be on the roads and sidewalks.
1 comment:
I like it.
Post a Comment