Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fun St. Patrick's Day/Spring Break

Ok, I had all this stuff planned for this week that I was going to get the kids' help on, mainly around my house. It's Spring Break, so I wanted to take advantage of having extra hands to help. The week started off well, getting the kids to help deep clean their rooms, including reorganizing a few toys. I was really impressed that we got both of the kids' rooms done as well as the main bathroom. So, yesterday was to be for the living room. The only thing that happened yesterday as far as the room goes, is that I got the piano straightened up and the walls cleaned. Other than that, it ended up being a day of play. Which I thoroughly enjoyed and am sooooo glad we did. First off, I made pancakes and then cut them in the shape of shamrocks and pots of gold. The kids loved this. Then, we all got dressed and headed to Wal-Mart to buy some kites. After our trip to the store, we headed to Andrew's Park to meet some other sisters and their kids for a picnic and kite flying. It was the perfect day to fly kites. (Unfortunately, I forgot my camera). I will have to make sure and do this again soon. Derek and Caty seemed to be the ones to enjoy the kite flying the most. As some of you know, the train runs right by the park. It went by three times while were there. Thankfully, the third time was after we had gotten in the car and were about to leave. I found out that when trains go by and honk their horns, if you are outside, it scares the little kids. Nathan freaked out! He was shaking so badly! I felt so bad for him. I heard the train the second time before he did, so I was able to quickly go over and plug his ears for him and it made it a little better. This time, he only cried instead of crying and shaking. The picnic seemed a success, though there were some sisters that weren't there that I missed.

We decided to that since it was Tues, and supposed to be 50 cent Tuesday at the Dollar theater, we were going to take the kids to the movie. When we got there, we found out that it is no longer 50 cents, but $1. Which isn't bad, but a little disappointing. We took the kids to see Bolt, which they (and their dad and I) absolutely loved. It was very cute. Well, since we had the diaper bag, we thought we would take waters in with us instead of buying something there. This didn't turn out so well as the size waters I bought did not fit into the cup holders. We ended up losing three waters before the middle of the movie, as they would fall right through the holder and then continue to roll down a few rows in front of us.

At one point, Caty had to use the restroom. So I took her, came back only to find out that Jessica needed to go. So, I showed her where it was and then went back to my seat. When I got there, I found out that Caty had somehow gotten herself stuck in her chair. I'm still not sure how this happened. After trying for a few mins, I finally figured out that we had to take off her shoes to get her out, then her legs simply slid out of the chair. Things after that got better, until the end when we were about to leave and Nathan had somehow gotten his legs stuck between mine and Mike's chair. Thankfully, we don't try to take them very often, though when we do, there is always something to remember about it.

Not sure what else we are going to do this week, though I'm sure it will be fun.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

This so sounds like an outing with our crew. Glad it was fun!